Like it or not, consumers are now watching an impressive amount of online video content today. While businesses may be skeptical of how video can be used for their business, it's difficult to argue with the facts. Online video consumption is an all time high.
- Video ads accounted for 12.4% of all videos viewed and 1.2% of all minutes spent watching video online.
- In February 2011 there were 3.8 million video ads that reached 42% of the total U.S. population.
- U.S. online video consumers watched 4.3 hours worth of video on average in the month of June 2010.
- 2.5% of U.S. media consumers use the Internet exclusively for video content.
- Roughly 66% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2014.
Still skeptical about the use of video online...consider this.
- 55% of online retailers used video on product pages in 2009 but this technique increased to 73% of retailers in 2010 and grew again in 2011.